"WALKABOUT" SPECIAL COLLECTORS EDITION IN HARDBACK, 100 ONLY.
I am proud to have just released for the first time in store and online, WALKABOUT, 13 of many journeys taken by my Grandfather throughout Australia.
* A personal quote from Arthur, " In me was born a passionate love for the Australian bush which will burn until the end, a love stronger than love of family, so strong that even now it threatens to claim me" unquote.
Arthur Upfield is known internationally for his crime novels featuring Bony, the Aboriginal Detective. In these thirteen stories written for Walkabout magazine between 1934 and 1949 and published in book form for the first time, readers will travel well beyond the cities, aided by maps and original photographs - through Cooper's Creek, visiting Lake Frome in South Australia, patrol the rabbit-proof fence in the West, pearling in Broome or go angling for Swordfish at Bermagui. Many of these stories give colour and detail to his more celebrated novels using the same settings as his crime novels. Another describes the Australian Geographical Society's 5000 mile venture from Perth to the Kimberleys and back, which was led by Upfield in 1948.
Truly a book to remind us of the "walkabout" - a journey (originally on foot) undertaken by the Australian Aboriginal in order to live in the traditional manner.
Out Now, The Murchison Murder in colour with more details on the case.
Here is Arthur's new cover for "Beyond The Mirage" which is at the printers now. Early thoughts are that we may change the cover every twelve months with a different photo of AWU depicting his life over the period of the book
UP AND AUSTRALIA
UP AND DOWN THE REAL AUSTRALIA
UP AND DOWN AUSTRALIA AGAIN
250 SHORT STORIES COMBINED INTO 3 BOOKS.
Released 1st September 2020.
28th May 2020
ALL NEW BONYS OUT WORLDWIDE
Thanks to all the hard work by Bonaparte Holdings Agent and Publisher Mr Tom Thompson, ETT IMPRINT, Sydney, Australia.
All 29 Bonys are now available worldwide, corrected for the first time, and issued in a uniform style as below. Any other "cover" will be a pirate copy, and not corrected. The 8 Bonys that have variant US titles (like Bony #1 - The Barrakee Mystery / The Lure of the Bush) have that title on the title page as well, and this title was extensively edited for the US market. So try and get this corrected Bony #1.
All on Kobo, Google Play now with more to follow:
Add new life into your Arthur Upfield Hardcovers with a New Dust Jacket as I have done with
"The House Of Cain" available from Facsimile Dust Jackets LLC https://www.dustjackets.com
Please note Only Bony titles featured above have been re released in Large Paperback. The balance will be finished in the next few weeks. However all Bony titles are available on eBook, Kindle and Bolinda Audio MP3.
- The Barrakee Mystery, 1929
- The Sands of Windee, 1931 (look up Murchison murders to understand the plot)
- Wings Above the Diamantina, 1936
- Mr Jelly’s Business, 1937
- Winds of Evil, 1937
- The Bone is Pointed, 1938
- The Mystery of Swordfish Reef, 1939
- Bushranger of the Skies, 1940
- Death of a Swagman, 1945
- The Devil’s Steps, 1946
- An Author Bites the Dust, 1948
- The Mountains Have a Secret, 1948
- The Widows of Broome, 1949
- The Bachelors of Broken Hill, 1950
- The New Shoe, 1951
- Venom House, 1952
- Murder Must Wait, 1953
- Death of a Lake, 1954
- Cake in the Hatbox, 1955
- The Battling Prophet, 1956
- The Man of Two Tribes, 1956
- Bony Buys a Woman, 1957
- Bony and the Mouse, 1959
- Bony and the Black Virgin, 1959
- Bony and the Kelly Gang, 1960
- Bony and the White Savage, 1961
- The Will of the Tribe, 1962
- Madman's Bend, 1963
- The Lake Frome Monster, 1966
Non Bony Books
- The House Of Cain, 1928
- The Beach Of Atonement, 1930
- A Royal Abduction, 1932
- The Murchison Murders, 1932
- Gripped By Drought, 1932
- The Gifts of Frank Cobbold, 1935
- Breakaway House, 1987
- The Great Melbourne Cup Mystery, 1996
- Up And Down Australia
- Up And Down Australia Again
- Up And Down The Real Australia
- Beyond The Mirage (AWU Autobiography) first time release 25th April 2020
- Walkabout. First time release 2021
Check out the locations of were titles are set on Google maps.
Copy and Paste Link below to your browser
NOTE: PUBLISHER MR TOM THOMPSON / ETT IMPRINT, SYDNEY, NSW, AUSTRALIA.